Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Monday, June 28, 2010

R.I.P. Salad...

So...I'm kinda mourning the loss of my salad right now. My roomie came home with these huge bags from Trader Joe's and needed to find room in the fridge - so he just dumped whatever he thought was old and his.

Including my huge nommy salad I made yesterday to try to last me all week.

It's 1/2 my fault. I put it in an identical looking tupperware to the one that he uses. And I didn't label it. But still, if he had opened it and looked...he would have noticed that all the veggies looked fresh and delicious. I know, cause I had it for lunch today. But I should have warned him as I saw him cleaning out the fridge that my salad was still good.

In Memoriam...

-rounds of persian cucumber
-the sweetest organic heirloom tomato wedges
-organic avocado
-shreds of fennel root
-torn red leaf lettuce
-slices of tender baby carrots
-peppery arugula
-basil chiffonade

Goodbye sweet salad, I'm glad I ate you for dinner and lunch today. As I was making you, I loved you. I licked my fingers after scooping the avocado into your buttery lettuce leaves. The crisp, bright sounds each and every single one of you cucumbers made as you were sliced was like a little veggie melody. And tomato - you were the tomato to end all heirloom tomatoes, perfectly sweet with tender flesh. A summer salad of amazingness, rounded out with the licorice of the fennel and tight green hotness of the arugula. I would have loved to have eaten you more, but I suppose I will have to go and make another one right now to compensate for my loss...

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan