Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Joe-Joes...the holiday fatfest begins.


Holiday foods are not something that I personally think should be available only from November 1st through January 5th, and then sequestered the rest of the year. It must irritate the peppermint, gingerbread and eggnog industry that their products are only in season for like two months every year. Especially when there are people like me that would eat them year round. Right now I am concerned if I bring my Peppermint Mocha Coffeemate to work that it will be gone by end of day because it is such a novelty. Eggnog and Pumpkin Spice Latte season definitely add about 1-1/2 lbs to my rear end every year because I cannot stay away from delicious holiday flavors. If they had a turkey and stuffing on cranberry bagel option at Noah's (I'm so full of good ideas) I'd be all over it. Warm toffee gingerbread pudding at Starbucks? I'll buy it. Though I draw the line at anything shaped like a turkey. Or pilgrim.

So today's purchase, an entire box of Candy Cane Joe-Joes (made in a moment of sheer, "I had a overwhelming day, I will buy these and make myself happy") while delicious, are also quite dangerous when it comes to weight gain. But opening up the box, filled with delicious, fresh cookies and then discovering a unopened quart of milk made me come up with the following idea. Eat three cookies then fill the rest of my stomach with healthy and filling milk. Easy peasy. It's easy to see why people get obcessive about these cookies. First of all, the chocolate wafer is mint flavored, then the filling has little bits of crunchy candy in it. Simple yet yummy.

I also enjoy that my posting on the Book of Face regarding my new box of Candy Cane Jo-Joes has gotten more responses in 1 hour than a week's worth of other status updates. Mostly from people affirming their love of the peppermint candy faux-reo, but also, did you know:

-There are chocolate covered Candy Cane Jo-Joes? (link is to an Oreo VS. Joe-joe survey which I think is pretty bogus; there is nothing more worthless than a chocolate covered SQUISHY cookie. Props to TJs for figuring out a way to keep their wafers crispy.)





There is a Candy Cane Joe-Joe ICE CREAM? And a Facebook "Like" Page?

Good lord, this season is going to kill me. In fact, I've already tried some preemptive measures in order not to devour the entire box of cookies. Such as a post-it encouraging my roommates to eat them (in moderation of course). But the funniest thing I've encountered today was my revelation that the reason they're called Joe-Joes isn't only because the name 'Oreo' is trademarked but also because they're from TRADER JOE'S.

Not my finest moment, I promise you.

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan