
I promise there are new things afoot - for the loyal three of you who have stuck it out with me - but for now, read/watch Conan's 2011 Dartmouth Commencement speech:
I did a lot of silly, unconventional, spontaneous and seemingly irrational things and guess what ---- with the exception of the blue leather suit, it was the most satisfying and fascinating year of my professional life. To this day I still don’t understand exactly what happened, but I have never had more fun, been more challenged, and this is important ---- had more conviction about what I was doing.
No specific job or career goal defines me and it should not define you. In 2000, I told graduates to not be afraid to fail, and I still believe that. But today I tell you that whether you fear it or not, disappointment will come. The beauty is that through disappointment you can gain clarity, and with clarity comes conviction and true originality.
It makes me so inspired to watch stuff like this. It's ridiculously inspiring and indicative of where the human spirit is headed. Good times to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment