Notice anything interesting here?

Why it's two pairs of jeans, both from Banana Republic. They're pretty much the same size right? The ones on top are from last year, the ones in the back are from this year. But wait - let's look closer shall we?

Um, yes, these are two pairs of jeans that are IDENTICAL in physical/actual size, but have different size tags.
So last year, I got a paid of jeans from Banana Republic - because they were on sale and I wanted a "nice" pair of jeans. They ended up being bigger than I wanted them to be, and I always wear them belted (size 6). Well I recently went back to BR and tried to purchase a pair of jeans; imagine my surprise when I had to buy a size up. Figuring that I had gained weight over the last year, I just went with it - so imagine my surprise when I decided to size up the jeans against each other and they were the same.

Also interesting to note? This zipper on the new pair...I mean what is this zipper for? Will I be putting a special bit of change into this pocket that needs to be secured? I suppose I could carry a dime bag in this pocket, but it seems like a lot more manufacturing work to do for a two inch wide pocket. What's even more interesting is that the jeans are NOT symmetrical because the zipper does not exist on the opposite side. But again, what is this pocket for? It's also a strange size for a condom...maybe it's for your keys when you go out clubbing? But even those these jeans are cute, they're not super fancy or anything...
Even funnier was when I sized up my pair of size 6 Lucky jeans and they were a good two inches tighter around the waist than these pairs. See ladies...size really is JUST A NUMBER! Don't believe the hype.
No comments:
Post a Comment