Cause there are awesome things on there like:
Adventure Divas Packing List : literally found by Googling, "packing lists for Greece" - and it reminded me to bring stuff that I normally forget like: insect repellent, pajamas and a caribiner or mesh bag to hang dry stuff off your bag as you travel.
Viceland: a quirky, hipster-esque webzine listing all sorts of funny/eccentric/out there topics and columns. But the funny one is Dos and Don'ts a sarcstic/sardonic take on our current obcession with street fashion.

| He's either pulled off the mother of all one-night-stand escapes, or Inspector Gadget just entered the square and is slowly walking toward the target |
Nothing new going on lately; work = same, show=same (we are full on into production and our cast and venue are set, we were in the SF Pride Parade two weekends ago), boys=same (boring, I know) - the only cool thing going on is that I'm playing Elphaba this weekend for Coterie.
*************
Mary, Mary quite contrary...how does your garden grow?
Had a late production meeting last night and ended up spending quality time at MegaBookStore (the new millenium's library). As much as the world is currently railing against the economic excesses of capitalism, it's really REALLY nice to be able to sit in a leather arm chair, warmly lit, comfy and left alone and read whatever you want for however long as you want...oh and then not to have to purchase the book when you're done. (sans homeless people, for those of you who are thinking, "Use the library Shmuck!") But I leafed through a book on diagnosing and recovering from BPD.
To say it was eye-opening is a little bit of an understatement.
Those of you who know me, know the story already, so I won't open up that bag of tricks again. But I started to get worried in college when my roomates were afraid to hang out with me based upon my moodiness. (Which was compounded by a very critical and emotionally distant senior professor) There's been a lot of soul searching going on in the last couple of years, and whatever anyone else feels...
I give myself a huge pat on the back.
For giving myself the freedom to grow; to develop the parts of myself that are good and work on letting go of the parts that are not useful. That I've honored the promise to myself when I was 12 or 13 that I wouldn't be like her when I got older. That I will tell the TRUTH about my life regardless of what I would like it to be; because it's actually quite awesome. That I will take honest, true criticism, no matter how hard it may seem. That I will face rejection, heartbreak and release to the best of my ability and look forward to change and open feeling. My friends now reflect the best of me; the beauty, the brains, the inspiration, the talent, the heart and spirituality that I want to give back. That I can accept failure as a lesson, dissolution and disappointment with grace and fear with courage. I am protecting my little one.
Huge, wonderful thank yous to the people who are in my life right now. My surrogate mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers. The ones who could hug me, write me letters, give me flowers - all the things I never learned to do when I was a child.
I used to compare relationships to plants. That you have to weed your garden (rid yourself of past regrets, fears and other sundry baggage - like exgirlfriends!), water it, feed it lots of yummy nutrients etc. if you wanted them to survive. And now, it's so wonderful to realize that these are the things we must do for ourselves to make our plants grow. It's not selfish or spendthrift to get an hour long massage that makes you feel like a million bucks when you're done. It's not horrible to say, 'No' or, conversely, grab that brass ring. Because someone has to - feed your plants.
Cultivate affection, forgiveness. Drop the anger. Drop the act.
With silver bells, and cockle shells,
And pretty maids all in a row
Reblogged from Unicornology
“ As I get older, I find that I believe with all my heart in the comic approach to life. I mean, we’re all sitting in this room very seriously, we all selected clothes, but in X number of years, we will all definitely be rotting in the ground. Which is kind of hilarious when you think about it. Or at least humbling. The pretense, all the elaborate stuff we go through to bolster our egos, and the truth is that nothing — none of this – will last. That’s very funny. When you hear anybody in any context talking, including me right now, and think he’s just a corpse in progress, it’s kind of hilarious. The other side of it is that it argues strongly for kindness and compassion. — George Saunders
No comments:
Post a Comment