Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

passing strange

Taurus: In the Broadway play, "Passing Strange", the narrator praises the healing power of mysterious songs, saying, "You know when the music goes right over your head, bypasses your mind, and strengthens the part of you that's most beautiful?" That's the kind of nourishment I encourage you to seek out in the coming week, Taurus. You need soul-toning experiences that elude your rational understanding - encounters with wise animals, waking dreams, unpredictable love, exotic music, and twilight whispers that blissfully boggle your imagination.

I so rarely enjoy my horoscope, mainly because a lot of astrologers seem to think that Taurii are the fuddy-duddy, fusspots of the zodiac. Pragmatic, sensible and homespun next to airy-fairy Gemini or Libra or mysterious Scorpio or the always fiery Leo. So when I get a good one, I often think of it as a boon.

***************
Had Girlie Night at Sens with Joolie tonight. Sometimes when you used to live with someone, you start to take them for granted and realized that the last time I had seen my friend was roughly 2 months prior. She had thrilling tales to tell from Comic-con and we shared some delicious happy hour eats. But also had a chance to talk about our ever evolving lives; growing older and more open, while so many of our peers are still playing it safe and cool on the bleachers. Ended up sharing my recent revelation:

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." Corinthians, Chapter 13, verse 11

This verse is not literally about hiding our toys or losing our sense of innocence, but rather about the growth beyond the emotional state of childhood. Paul is not talking about dolls and games, he is talking about anger, jealousy, cruelty, spite, judgment and all these childish emotions in which we lose ourselves, forget ourselves—hurt ourselves and others for no gain and much loss. (http://www.rahul.net/raithel/otfw/8childish.html)

How easy is it for all of us to walk around saying, "You hurt me. And I won't be hurt." Recently had someone say to me, after I confessed, "I went into it knowing that it could hurt."

"It will hurt."

The correction seemed shocking and yet, so true. Our relationships on Planet Earth WILL hurt, that is the only guarantee. And trying to find one that is not going to hurt us is impossible. Because we are ALL human and therefore subject to the human condition. Living life in black and white, while preferable to most - is simply unobtainable. We must live in the grey. We must accept that even Hitler had a girlfriend. No one is truly good or bad; as Joolie said, "Assume the positive intention."

Try to see with your heart, even when you don't agree with someone. Even if what they're saying or doing seems to be the worst, stupidest, most pigheaded thing they could do.

Sense with your heart, the intentions - the failures and the triumphs - of the human condition.

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan