Well, just finished Task One of the 30DLBL...
In order to be fully participatory, I've decided to post all of my results on this blog. I'll probably be posting my quirky/funny/introspective/foodie stuff as well inbetween, so keep an eye out for those. I also realize that tech for 'Jerry Springer the Opera' starts this week. So gods be merciful and grant me: patience, good humor, rest, faith and hard work.
Part of the reason I decided to participate in Celestine's challenge is that one of my fatal flaws is follow through. I'll often start a task, hobby or chore with a great deal of enthusiasm only to have it dwindle days or even hours later. I've realized that a certain amount of accountability helps me work best. I've also realized my natural tendency to follow a strong and distinctly parental authority figure also keeps me on task. Time to change that. If I can't be disciplined by myself, then there's no way my dad's going to keep doing it for me.
Having a place where I can do a daily morning check in with tons of others participating helps. To read about today's task/topic go here. 30DLBL: Day 1 - Your Life Wheel
My results: (1 being lowest, 10 being highest)
Business/Career: 4
Finance/Wealth: 6.5
Health/Fitness: 8
Social/Friends: 10
Family: 5
Romance/Love: 1
Recreation/Fun: 9
Contribution: 2
Personal Growth: 8
Spiritual: 5
I based my self-scoring around some tangible facts. My Finance/Wealth score is higher than my career one for example because I can pay my rent, bills and also go out to eat in the same week and I don't have any debt. But my career such as it is, has stagnated. I'm not sure I feel enthusiastic about Finance in the same way I do Personnel Management or Production. Health/Fitness - I gave myself some snaps for taking up swimming in the last week. I will have to purchase a year round pass when the 7 Day Free trial is up.
Recreation/Fun and Social scored very high. I spend most evenings at rehearsal and when not there, at a class or dining out with friends. Katty and I almost got to play a round of badminton this weekend. As far as personal growth...well, it seems obvious that doing 30DLBL definitely falls into that category, but today was also spent listening to a free MIT lecture, reading a manifesto about changing the world and also writing two blog posts.
Family and Spiritual fell into pretty average areas, but I don't always feel compelled to see my family. Spirtually, I could be doing better. I haven't been to church in a while and I could start going again once this weekend of craziness is over.
But lets look at the low scores shall we?
Romance/Love: This one is pretty obvious. The 'Stache and I called it quits in April and since then I've been all quiet on the man front. Of course stepping straight into both 'Barnum' and 'Jerry(SpringertheOpera)' while great for helping me get over the hurt, aren't as conducive to actually dating. So the score here is pretty dang low; I have not been hit on, flirted with or even close to being asked out (unless we count the Nose...who is now in a relationship)
Contribution: This one is also fairly obvious. One of the things I admired about the 'Stache was his commitment to tutoring kids. For Bagel it was his dedication to his faith and doing things with his church, oh yeah, there was that whole curing cancer thing too. But not just in the guys I date. I admire so many of my friends for contributing time or money to good causes. Some of them do pro bono work or just spend time helping out. I feel very selfish in that many of the things I do, I do just for me.
Right now, reflecting on these is enough for me. I'm going to finish up with the Action Plan tomorrow morning. Sleep is a big part of me making up for some of the discrepancies on the wheel.
Night!
Moi aussi!
- Pen
- 20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...
Recent News
Eats
Thesbians
-
-
Birthday Boy14 years ago
-
NEW WEBSITE AND BLOG14 years ago
-
Memo to the President15 years ago
-
www.MindyLym.com16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Chix
-
-
-
-
God Land by Lyz Lenz7 years ago
-
-
-
Donkey Rides at a Farm in Málaga, Spain10 years ago
-
TBT: Endless Summer11 years ago
-
Declaration of Independence12 years ago
-
Rose (inner page)13 years ago
-
Vox Box Naturals Review13 years ago
-
No comments:
Post a Comment