So yesterday was lists. And how awesome lists are. Budgets on the other hand? Are inherently depressing.
Because they fineline exactly how badly you're doing. And in very definite terms, not only succinctly outline the mountain you need to climb, but also lay out for you the piddly daily or incremental break-even terms you need to meet in order to get up the damn mountain.
And it makes you super annoyed/depressed when you don't meet those nightly numbers.
It can be horrible for people whose livelihoods, the future of their children, hell the very roofs over their heads depends on nightly break even amounts. SCARY. Because essentially, YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO PREDICT THE FUTURE.
Tonight I had to run numbers for the two shows I'm producing for the Summer. And these are pretty important in the sophomore slump aspect of things. I can only ask for miracles so many times before they....well, before they don't show up anymore.
Where are the statistics on weathermen? How they're only right like 17.5% of the time? Probably should be the same for financial analysts. Sorry to be depressing; but I've also started to light a fire under my ass/issued an ultimatum that any time I feel like writing, I SHOULD WRITE.
But that means, I'm fighting the urge to get to sleep at 12:30am, instead, I'm rambling - coherently I think - but rambling nevertheless.
Moratoriums and budgets suck. I think that's what I'm trying to say.
Tomorrow: I shoot the shit out of my fellow producers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(18)
-
▼
January
(12)
- Missing you.
- Detail Oriented does not equal Anal Retentive
- Pin it to me.
- It's a helluva town!
- Be ok with being wrong
- Back of the line, front of the mind.
- Real Talk
- A little bivalve inspiration...
- Refrigerate after opening.
- Human evolution = old German dude building Parisia...
- The Dude asked me over udon on Saturday night, wha...
- Ready. Steady. Go!
-
▼
January
(12)
Moi aussi!
- Pen
- 20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...
Recent News
Eats
Thesbians
-
-
Birthday Boy14 years ago
-
NEW WEBSITE AND BLOG14 years ago
-
Memo to the President15 years ago
-
www.MindyLym.com16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Chix
-
-
-
-
God Land by Lyz Lenz7 years ago
-
-
-
Donkey Rides at a Farm in Málaga, Spain10 years ago
-
TBT: Endless Summer11 years ago
-
Declaration of Independence12 years ago
-
Rose (inner page)13 years ago
-
Vox Box Naturals Review13 years ago
-
No comments:
Post a Comment