Maybe because I was painfully aware of my size, I cultivated an awareness of all of my life. A deep knowing. A way of sensing and trusting and believing that others won’t, or can’t, know as well. Maybe I feel deeper. More purely and intensely.
Maybe when I learned to, finally, love just being alone with myself, I fell harder in love than others ever will.
Maybe my present is more precious.
Maybe because my heart has ripped, and lost pieces, and still has visible stretch marks and sewn seams, my character will be ultimately more resilient.
The thing is, it’s easy to find the bad. I’m cynical. Pessimistic and realistic, too weathered to seem breezy. I can, and do, look at situations in pros and cons. But what I’ve come to know as true, in the last twenty-six years is that I am everything I’ve ever been.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Missing you.
Ever since visiting the doctor's office a couple of weeks ago - I became appalled at how much I had allowed my weight to slip over the winter. We often forget that the cupcake leads to the chocolate leads to the pot roast leads to the stuffing...and it all adds up. But we're still the same person inside. Which is why, I love this. So much...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(18)
-
▼
January
(12)
- Missing you.
- Detail Oriented does not equal Anal Retentive
- Pin it to me.
- It's a helluva town!
- Be ok with being wrong
- Back of the line, front of the mind.
- Real Talk
- A little bivalve inspiration...
- Refrigerate after opening.
- Human evolution = old German dude building Parisia...
- The Dude asked me over udon on Saturday night, wha...
- Ready. Steady. Go!
-
▼
January
(12)
Moi aussi!
- Pen
- 20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...
Recent News
Eats
Thesbians
-
-
Birthday Boy14 years ago
-
NEW WEBSITE AND BLOG14 years ago
-
Memo to the President15 years ago
-
www.MindyLym.com16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Chix
-
-
-
-
God Land by Lyz Lenz7 years ago
-
-
-
Donkey Rides at a Farm in Málaga, Spain10 years ago
-
TBT: Endless Summer11 years ago
-
Declaration of Independence12 years ago
-
Rose (inner page)13 years ago
-
Vox Box Naturals Review13 years ago
-
No comments:
Post a Comment