
Hey guys, so remember when I wrote this post back in May about how I had a friend made of win cause he had written this rock opera about Beowulf and it was quite possibly my favorite theater event of the entire year?
Well it seems like the world agrees! Malfoy + Banana Bag and Bodice aka Jessica Jeliffe, Rod Hipskind and Jason Craig have just won the Glickman award honoring the best play/theater piece to have originated or had its world debut in the Bay Area! (and the $4000 prize is nice)
BEOWULF ROCK OPERA WINS COVETED GLICKMAN AWARD
They are currently on their way to NYC, so if you are out there, this is not a piece of theater to be missed! (and for some reason, I cannot link to my original post right now, Blogger did something funny to all my entries that I'm going to try to fix. The original post date is 5/19/08)
My original comment on Beowulf?
Overall, I heart this show and it's lusty, no holds barred take on a traditionally dismal classic. It's exciting, high energy and overall-well done. I was envious watching these people play together. It's bringing sexy back.
I still concur.
No comments:
Post a Comment