Quickie...Oscar post! With photos, and opinions. More weekend update later.
How hot is Helen Mirren by the way? She and Daniel Day-Lewis looked positively newlywed radiant as they walked off stage together arm in arm. And were tickled to be with each other. But that red dress? Hawt.
Pregnant people look incredible too:
Jessica Alba looked stunning and poised-if a tad fembot when announcing the winner for the science and tech categories. The color, a winey plum, was fantastic on her. Mymymy thought she needed a necklace, but I pointed out that would have taken away from her feathered decolletage.
Cate Blanchett
is friggin gorgeous when she is pregnant. She must be in her second trimester because she is glowing. I love this shade of purple on her, matched with the emerald greens. And the loose hair completes her look; glam hippie mom.
Nicole Kidman (Mr. Jones and I were all, "She's pregnant? She looks normal.") Even though I'm sure she was restraining herself, and I loved the diamond necklace, there was far too much black on the red carpet this year.
Sexiness = James McAvoy (2 out of 2 W*ng women agree-and the accent? KILLAH!) and Sexiness = the Rock (he's my latest obcession, I watched Walking Tall, just to watch him with no shirt.)

Yay! I got my wish! Marion Cotillard wins for La Vie En Rose! Naysay what you will about Julie Christie, but Cotillard's full transformation in the glamourpuss she is into the frail yet tempestuous Edith Piaf was the most amazing thing I saw last year. She DESERVES this win.
I loved watching the spouses; esp. Francis McDormand wolf whistling her hubby Joel Coen for his two wins. And did everyone have the crazy-eyes reaction to watching their clips or is it just me? See: Cate Blanchett, Ruby Dee. I keep mixing up Isla Fisher and Amy Adams, is that weird? Seth Rogan is kinda cute. Uh kill me, but is that Steve Guttenberg with Marlee Maitlin? Yay! Paul Dano! love.






No comments:
Post a Comment