Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Simple little dreams will do.

So other than making rice krispie treat mice this morning-dropping a pot on my toe in the process (and now I'm waiting for Joolie to pick me up to go to lunch), I also did some adult stuff, like signing some forms for our accountant. And realized something.

I made $$$ last year; by performing.

It's like getting paid for breathing.
Cause all I'm doing is being. Accessing the core of my heart and letting it out.
And people pay to see that?
That's sort of cool. (even my fiscally conservative dad agrees)

So I've been asked to put together a short gig for a date in April, and I get to pick all my own music. So far I've really taken a shine to these:
'Say Goodbye' by Scott Alan
'Even Though' by Saltzman and Cunningham (WANT)
'Simple Things' from '110 in the Shade'
'Evenin' Star' from '110 in the Shade'

ps. install Rhapsody. You'll love it, I swear.

For fun: try Morgan's Tarot
Totally unlike traditional tarot, Morgan's Tarot instead focuses on the reader truly interpreting the cards for themselves with a simplified caption for each image that is mostly general instead of specifically a warning or blessing. It simply reminds people to be mindful of the choices they are making and also to reflect on what's going on for them.
It gives me less ooky feelings than regular tarot and is also hosted on Doley's website, Sleepbot (he was the guy who spit whipped cream in ST).

Dang, time for bed.

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan