
I hate that my ex has now made me completely insecure of all hipster Asian girls.
Working around Haight Street, that's pretty much all there are. In their size 0 skinny jeans and parkas with faux fir trimmed hoodies, wearing their dark rimmed glasses, pursing their perfectly plump lips. Huge sunglasses. Yeah, the irony does not escape me. Intimidated by OTHER Asian girls...I saw a really cute girl waiting for the bus today - perfectly shagged hair, knee high boots, heavy jacket over a red dress (probably from American Apparel), aforementioned glasses and pursed lips, darkish cocoa skin, pronounced cheekbones and a bright yellow purse.
And thought, "J. would be all over her like white on rice."
This is why you should NEVER date anyone with an Asian fetish. At least, if you are not a hipster cute Asian girl. I am not a hip cute Asian girl.
I do not listen to: the TingTings, Death Cab, Iron and Wine or the Decemberists.
I am not: vegetarian, vegan or any combination of the two
I did not major in: psychology or liberal arts or AsAm marketing
I do not wear: buffalo checks, horizontal stripes, skinny jeans, dark rimmed glasses, fur trimmed hoodies, boots with tucked in pants, mushroom knitted beanies, dark eyeliner on a regular basis or record bags
I am not: severly underweight or ridiculously cute.
I am not: Filipina, Korean or Japanese.
I do not smoke.
and the greatest thing is that I do not WANT to be any of these poseur ass things.
I sing musical theater, I eat Kentucky Fried Chicken, pie and all sorts of evil shit like Whoppers, I want to see: Revolutionary Road, Nick and Nora, Zack and Miri and Coraline, I want the picket fence and 2.5 kids and the furniture from IKEA. I shop at Anthropologie, Nordstrom and the Gap (when I have $). I am your typical yuppie mom trying to be cool but failing miserably. I own a three year old iPod. I am enthusiastic, sarcastic, burp, fart and say 'shit' type of girl. I hate smoking. Panda Express and PF Changs do make it into my food rotation occasionally while Cafe Gratitude stays firmly to the side. I do not talk in the vocal pitches of a 5 year old. I do not like to wear makeup. Existentialism gets so tedious after a while. I saw both 'Eternal Sunshine' and 'Science of Sleep' and thought, "What's the big fucking deal?' Meanwhile, 'La Vie En Rose' and 'Pan's Labryinth' blew my mind.
So I think I shall just find someone who is into these things too.
(original photo is from www DOT thesftstyle DOT com - just to illustrate a point)
1 comment:
I say way to go on not being a asian hipster lemming. I too went through a phase when I wanted to have that look, but then decided that I don't have the will to try that hard and that that wasn't me. On average I dress rather boring and that's fine with me. Growing up in the midwest probably had that effect on me. If I even try and dress a little more hipsterish, I end up feeling like I have a freaking Halloween costume on and find myself even more self concious.
As for weight, I think it's nice that we actually have a butt and boobs. Those boys (like your ex) that love the waif-ish type... wouldn't you think they'd feel like a pedophile for oggling over a girl with such childlike features? ewwwww hah
Post a Comment