Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

do you love Gus?

A recent conversation with me and my father.
Mr. Jones:
"So I don't get it, what's the church about?"
Pen: "Well, it just takes a world view on issues. Because human spirituality, we as a species are so separated by what we call god."
Mr. Jones: "Uh huh."
Pen: "People get into so much trouble because they call the same thing by different names. You know, so we call it 'apple'. But in China...what do they call it?"
Mr. Jones: "Ping-gwa.'
Pen: "Right. So you know, here, an apple is an apple is an apple and in China, ping-gwa is a ping gwa. But it's just knowing you're talking about the same thing. God is the same thing everywhere."
Mr. Jones: "So what if you call God, 'Gus'?"
Pen: "Dude! You can totally call him Gus if you want to! I mean, if in your head, you talk to Gus all the time, it's god! Or I guess, it's Gus!"
Mr. Jones: "I just said that to be funny."

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan