Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

today my washer made me cry.

If you are human, which I'm presuming 99.9% of you are and not a total amnesiac (if in which case, get thee to a hospital, stat!), you will have had at least one song that reminds you of a person, place or time in your life. And a lot of people will have the same song remind them of completely separate times and definitely separate emotions. But if you are like me, you will often think that hearing a specific song on the radio - is a psychic message. Basically, it means that someone is thinking of you and sending it out there.

After reading, 'The Alchemist' about 5 years ago, I started to pay more attention to the things in my life that seemed to occur randomly. Coelho wrote about listening and noticing the omens that reoccur on a daily basis, because they can be keys to your destiny or opportunities that you have to recognize as such. And also that if you ignore your call, really seriously tragic things will happen to you. Which brings me to my confusing sign from god today.

On my way home from work, I turn on the radio and the first song to come up is Incubus', "Wish You Were Here" - which will forever be a song that makes me recall J. (since it's his favorite song) Prior to knowing J., the existence of this song had completely escaped me. But now it has a tendency to bring up nostalgic memories. The most poignant of which is the line, "And in this moment, I am happy." At this point, it has also been a month since I've heard hide or hair from the man. And it seems that this is the way our lives are going to be. Living in the same city, but running in completely separate lines. Directly afterwards, I switch stations and 'I'm Yours' from Jason Mraz comes on. Granted, this is currently a more popular song than the Incubus one- but it still reminds me of the dude who totally blew me off last weekend.

Seriously universe, what is this for? To let me know they're ok, that's great. To remind me of my futile efforts at romance? To make me upset? The universe has a horrid sense of humor that likes to gives you gifts like a wicked dictator. Not until you have completely denied yourself the existence of love/career/children/family/goodness...will it show up. It's like the universe is constantly playing a game of "Ironic, isn't it? You were WRONG."

and my washer made me cry today.
*********************************

Did anyone else watch that bastion of 90s cinema gold, "Three Ninjas" with Victor Wong and three hapa kids - not even full hapa! (full hapa...something is technically wrong with that statement) but like a quarter Chinese - which explains the completely blond kid..uh run on? But yeah, did you guys watch that movie? And remember when Grandpa Egg Shen tells the kids that a true ninja can walk into a room and identify 10 separate ways to kill a person? I remember once telling my dentist that; and mind you, I've known the man since I was about 6 or 7, and having him do a double take. But yes, even today, especially when I'm trying to pass the time - I'll figure out the different ways to kill people when I'm in a room.

Yes, it's morbid. But self-defense right?

later: my review of Coraline

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan