Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We hold these truths to be self-evident...


Dear Universe,

I don't understand.

These people don't have my problem. They FOUND somebody to love them, for a lifetime. Sure, they have issues too, but not the ones that I have. I'm free to marry anyone I like, apparently as long as they have the opposite anatomy of me. ANYONE.

Just 1/2 a century ago, that wasn't possible. Anti-miscegenation laws ran rampant throughout the United States. I could only marry someone that had the opposite anatomy and had the same ethnic genetic code.

But this is love. This is a fight for LOVE. Isn't it hard enough that you make it really really difficult for all of us to find our significant other without making it hard to also say to the world that you love them? Love does not require a Supreme Court decision.

Love is.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan