Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Monday, April 7, 2008

It's not "Free" if I have to pay for it.

Morons are climbing the bridge.
Greeeatt...

Of course, it's always students for a free Tibet. Never listed as, "Social Libertarian Students Living off of Government or Federally funded grants at an uppity university who have little better on their time than to get arrested or scale bridges or cost tax-payers more money." what about the Moms who want to free Tibet? Or the doughnut makers? Or attorneys? Or scuba divers? Or childcare providers? Or chimney sweeps? Oh right...cause those people are working.

I'm not a conservative nor a Republican or Christian right-winger, but I seriously feel that crazy people need to stay off my friggin' commute. Protest the right way, and do work on causes where it will do the most good. Climbing a bridge and posting a flag is tandamount to me wanting to lose weight and then watching a tai bo video while sitting on my ass. I have nothing against either Tibet or China or the cause itself. I have a problem with people figuring that pulling a stunt like this will help anything.

Aside from this being a really dangerous thing to do, and shutting down lanes on the bridge, CHP officers have to take time out to get these people down, it's just futile. Most of all, I hate people doing stupid stuff while I have to work. Grrr....

1 comment:

dave malloy said...

but you just blogged about it! it worked; it has brought tibet to the forefront of your (and the worlds) mind. a main point of protest is to publicize dissent, create awareness from which change will bubble.

and they climbed the fucking GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE!
look at it as creative act...holy shit!

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan