I've been called many names like perfectionist, difficult and obsessive. I think it takes obsession, takes searching for the details for any artist to be good.
Barbra Streisand
Chilled with the Reindeer this weekend. Elly Reindeer and Ricky Reindeer. Saw, 'Mrs. Warren's Profession' at Shotgun. While I am not a fan, at all, of Victorian writing (I cannot get through, 'The Portrait of a Lady') I have to say, the mother-daughter relationship, sort of a mid century 'Mildred Pierce', was impeccably and well-rendered by the two actors, Emily Proctor as the prudish, independent Vivie and Trisha Mullholland as the referenced, Mrs. Warren. The men were all excellent; especially John Mercer as Crofts. (the Shaw moniker evoking 'crafty', 'crotch' and 'crochety' in one fell swoop). I have to highly recommend Shotgun shows, as Malfoy will be presenting his version of 'Beowulf' next and RedHen-her rendition of 'Vera Wilde' after that.
On 'Mrs. Warren's Profession': Rather, it focuses on the conflicts related to the "new women" of the Victorian era — issues arising because middle-class girls wanted greater social independence in work and education. Other themes include criticism of the sexual triteness of the times and a want for greater social sexual awareness along with equality in the workplace for working women.
Saturday, went to an engagement party and then 'Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat' at my cousin's high school. Sort of an interesting juxtaposition of shows. But the similarities between the two productions? Passion for an art form. Passion in any form is just admirable.
Moi aussi!
- Pen
- 20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...
Recent News
Eats
Thesbians
-
-
Birthday Boy14 years ago
-
NEW WEBSITE AND BLOG14 years ago
-
Memo to the President15 years ago
-
www.MindyLym.com16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Chix
-
-
-
-
God Land by Lyz Lenz7 years ago
-
-
-
Donkey Rides at a Farm in Málaga, Spain10 years ago
-
TBT: Endless Summer11 years ago
-
Declaration of Independence12 years ago
-
Rose (inner page)13 years ago
-
Vox Box Naturals Review13 years ago
-
No comments:
Post a Comment