Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Monday, November 17, 2008

She's so lucky, she's a star...

We all have those moments when we realize how lucky we actually are.

In life, Allen Klein (Jollytologist) says that we can all handle stress and conflict with humor. And that we should ask for more standing ovations. Try this the next time you're stressed out. Ask for applause. "I burned dinner." or "I forgot the dry cleaning." Get a real, totally enthusiastic, standing O from your friend or partner. Or give one. You'll feel goofy, they'll feel goofy, and more often than not, it'll put a grin on your face. We celebrate with one another. He tried this with a bunch of people in the congregation, until Klein had made the point, "Quite often in life, we don't get celebrated for who we are. I mean, how many of you got a standing ovation last night?"

And quite literally, in my head, I went, "I GOT TWO!"

See, it was closing night of Rocky. With a fuller than full house. At the 8pm show, we opened the balcony. At the 11 o'clock show, out of 491 seats, 485 seats were sold. And it was wild and raucous.

Remember, there are things in our life that make us luckier than lucky. Celebrate them.

1 comment:

KirkK said...

Hi Penny - You work so hard, and do what you do with such passion, I hope you know that you should always get a standing ovation.

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan