you know what's hilarious? how many of my SF friends on Facebook today were talking about "hot" it was. Um, 85 degrees is pretty toasty for us pasty ass Northerners, but that's like a regular day in LA no? So yeah, it was hot.
I spent the majority of my day writing a faux grant proposal from the comfort of my backyard. I love wireless.
I'd like to say I spent about 8 hrs writing it. But honestly, I spent about 2 hrs researching, an hour and a half editing, and about an hour and a half goofing around. So that's about 3 hrs of actual writing. I was still editing around 10pm. Then I realized
a) I'm not actually submitting this
b) I'm starting to make up details to a level of pathological precision
c) I'm trying to make these made up details fit into some sort of box of reality (which is ridiculous)
So I stopped, and I'm about to print the sucker. It's about three pages of actual proposal and 4 additional pages of notes. how do you possibly take something so huge and make it small and intimate and still meaningful?
I really wanted bun today. The Vietnamese cold noodle salad dish. My dad did one better by making us lettuce wraps and gyoza for dinner. Mmmm.
there were lots of good food from this weekend: friday night thai and oreo mint shake, saturday - boulange croissant, stinky cheeses, fruit and elissa's awesome dark chocolate tart THEN the 'Nine' cast party with lasagne, cured bresaola and prosciutto, salad and ricotta torta. I love the Bay Area and it's crazy cast of creative foodies.
I'll be back to being a better blogger tomorrow, right now this grant is zapping me of all creative writing skills whatsoever.
night blogosphere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(156)
-
▼
April
(18)
- exSQUEEZE me?!
- Nopa
- gangaji
- ritual
- on an up note.
- cardigan FAIL
- goodnight moon
- it's hot, get over it.
- The thoughtful entry is in the middle.
- knock, knock! jesus is here.
- Advice to 15 year olds.
- heaven help my heart I
- Job tips from Actors
- the next era
- Kumar goes to the White House
- come home
- lunch
- And now for something completely different. The fo...
-
▼
April
(18)
Moi aussi!
- Pen
- 20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...
Recent News
Eats
Thesbians
-
-
Birthday Boy14 years ago
-
NEW WEBSITE AND BLOG14 years ago
-
Memo to the President15 years ago
-
www.MindyLym.com16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Chix
-
-
-
-
God Land by Lyz Lenz7 years ago
-
-
-
Donkey Rides at a Farm in Málaga, Spain10 years ago
-
TBT: Endless Summer11 years ago
-
Declaration of Independence12 years ago
-
Rose (inner page)13 years ago
-
Vox Box Naturals Review13 years ago
-
No comments:
Post a Comment