Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

boundaries of an...@ kind

don't you hate it when you finally work up the courage to email someone and you are foiled by their inaccessibility? Especially when, you write the email in the morning, send it off, spend all day out of the house so you won't obsessively check your email every 20 minutes and are still disappointed when you return home, 7-8 hours later to find that there is still no response?

because your brain then goes into overdrive. (I think I've blogged about this before) I just want instant gratification for my willingness to step outside the boundaries of my emotional comfort zone. That is, I want someone to email me back instantly, saying how much they've missed me, how much they value me as a person and yes, they'd love to see me later.

instead, I'm forced to sit in technological limbo for another night - when I've already willed myself to stay away from the computer all day - trying to decide whether this person is consciously ignoring me, not answering any emails, or deciding how to reject my naively trusting and open little soul.

hate it.

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan