Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

things I enjoy

Things I would enjoy having when I move out:

a French Press
Pots of herbs: mint, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, parsley
a cat
a fireplace that I never use, but that looks charming below a mantle
a funky shower curtain
a wall painted robin's egg blue
hooks on the walls for my coat and purse
a cookbook stand
a red Kitchen Aid mixer
a little deck where I can drink my morning french press
wooden spoons
books
and I'm stealing the Bissel

***********
option b.

Tell me, is it enough?
Enough that I can rest my head on his shoulder
Listen to him gently croon
He's distracted by screens while
I watch his ribs rise and fall
Til 1am.
This man, singing.
Pitch perfect, all along.
We don't kiss
We don't hold hands
We barely touch
A solitary forehead we'll concede
That's our agreement
Option B...somewhere between alone and couple
Friends. Firm arm link friends.
Even though I want to
Brush my lips to the cleft of his chin
But he never told me he could sing.
Now I'm a goner.
Kiss me goodbye, I'm done.

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan