Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

brunch at Zuni Cafe

Dear blog...you still holding in there?

I've been neglecting you, more due to my own self-possessed obsession than my actual love or hate of you. My bad. Still, there's been a lot going on. Just be glad you're not a parrot or ficus or something. You would be brown and surly by now.

Ok before I start getting morose, if you are interested in seeing the fabulous show, listening to our kick ass band and meeting some interesting homeless people go here! ST @ Brown Paper Tickets. We run til the end of May; and we're singing and dancing our little hearts out.

Opening weekend was ok. Not fabulous. As SquirrelMonk pointed out, I think we may have exhausted our theater points for this year. See, each year you get a certain amount of points (like an allowance) that are equivalent to the number of friends and family feeling like they need to see your show to be supportive. Apparently, I am out of points.

And I thought I would get more cause it was my birthday. Suckah.

Still, we had some very loving people see our show this weekend including: Jerrsika, Joolie and BlackBeltBui, Moward, Sayer, Synth and our production crew from CA and also some nice reviewers. Still...I can't help thinking that we might die a slow death. Which sort of sucks. I haven't been part of a really poorly attended show yet. Then again, this is the first time I've been playing in a medium sized house. So I get to be grateful for what I have rather than what I have not.

And I got new shoes. yay. (and a dress and two tops and a cupcake) The 'rents took me to Zuni Cafe for brunch. Quickie Review:
Drinks:
Latte, coffee with steamed milk and Arnold Palmer (which was too sour)
Starters:
  • House ceasar (totally awesome, this is what people love about ceasar salad)
  • homemade scone with house preserves - very light and flaky, but not worth the price
Entrees:
  • Neiman Ranch grilled pork chop with fingerling potatoes and asparagus-delicious! The pork was fully cooked thru and juicy, the lemon vinagrette brought out the best in the asparagus and potatoes.
  • Pizza with mozzarella, asiago, herbs, pancetta and red onion: you could see through the crust! It was crispy and salty and delicious. Mymymy only wanted to finish half, but she ended up eating most of it.
  • Fried eggs with nettles, chickpea ragout and...something else. I wanted to taste the nettles and I thought it was ok...not fab. Glad I stuck with the pork chop
Dessert:
Gateau Victoire: flourless chocolate cake. Eh...somewhat pedestrian
Espresso Granita - Mymymy was totally buzzed after sort of hoarding this dessert.

that's all folks.

1 comment:

KirkK said...

Yay, a food post! ;o)

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan