Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Baby got back?

Update: So the SFPD found my car! There definitely is something to be said about filing your police report right away.

Half alive due to the three hours of sleep, barely eating and becoming so muted - yesterday was a bare survival. Having rehearsal and work to do actually helped. There's a peace to remembering that in situations where you are powerless to do anything, accepting it and moving on and trusting in the wheels that turn the universe to work and doing what it is you're supposed to do makes the inevitable come that much sooner. I got the call from my dad around 10:45 that they had recovered the car. And it is pretty much intact.

Well, except for the battery. And the ignition lock which had to be replaced- which is how the guy probably got the car hotwired in the first place. But the car itself wasn't trashed and most of my belongings were in the car. EXCEPT for my Wicked sheet music book and two full binders full of sheet music. Which doesn't make me happy, but if those are the only casualties then...well...it's all good.

And getting the car TOWED was a trip. Because the thief had very considerately parked it in front of what my dad and I were sure was either a crack or whore house. Seriously, in the span of the 20 minutes I sat in the car with him, we saw about 10 guys walk into this one apartment building and come out. Or do shady deals through the front gate. (17th and Mission, across the street from Thrift Town, next to Clarion Alley)

But today, today I am relieved and relaxed. And today I'm sitting and blogging in the sunshine of my backyard, with a great set of tunes and an Italian soda. And tonight I'm rocking it out in the transsexual Transylvanian lab with an amazing set of people.

Today life is good.

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan