Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yo yo yo.

So Gala recently posted an interesting query to her readers: what would you be like if you were the opposite sex?
That's such an awesome question, I'm often railing against the stereotypes that come with my sex, I wonder if I would be as offended or bitterly righteous if I were a man. (Note: I don't hate being a girl, a lot of the time I love it-esp. when I get to dress up, but you know there are glass ceilings, periods, thong underwear etc.) And can I be honest? I'd be fat. I love eating way too much-were it not for my current girly desires to fit into cute clothes and a penchant for dance classes, I'd be eating like a delinquent at Jenny Craig. The good thing is that I think I'd still be funny. And I think I'd always be attracted to superficial out-of-my-league pretty girls.

I'd be REALLY good at something like Quake or WoW. I'd spend a lot of time at bookstores, the park and my favorite coffee shop. And probably watching tv with my boys. I would totally go thru some sort of random life-epiphany at age 20 after reading 'The Fountainhead' or Nietzche and lose a bunch of weight, start listening to emo rock and become a hipster fucktard. After having my heart broken by a Kristen Kreuk look alike, I'd frequent Amnesia a lot for gypsy jazz and maybe go to Taiwan or Hong Kong for a year. Then I'd settle into a nice casual pattern of well made, interestingly detailed items that were good for everyday. A more upscale version of Sears? I think my heroes would be: Obama, Howard Roark and Peter Zumthor (who is my hero anyway)


A40 as a Guy by Alexis40

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan