You know...I don't know why people have to quantify 'Asianess'.
Cause we all know, at some time or another, we've referred to people as:
'The Asian guy, in American Pie.'
or
'Mitch, the one with the Asian girlfriend.'
or
'I had an Laotian/Vietnamese/Filipeno maid once.'
or
'Remember Long Duk Dong/Short Round/Dat Pham? He's fucking hilarious!'
Even me. I guess, I was recently very disappointed when I was reading an SF Culture Blogger's site - whom I frequently lurk on - she's smart, sassy and a writer for SF Gate. She's a co-worker of Pandarollin' (whose blog I linked to the other day) Take no prisoners, ballsy, funny...in other words, my type of chick (were I lesbian). And this actually wasn't a statement made by her, but by her friend who was nice enough to accompany said Blogger to a bar and then home, where they both fell asleep watching a movie. Here is their convo - verbatim from the site.
"You know, I was supposed to go on a date with some Asian chick tonight."
"Why didn't you?"
"Because if I don't hang out with you, no one will."
"You're retarded."
"I'm just saying, I could be having saucy Asian sex right now, but instead, I've decided to take pity on you."
GODDAMN IT. Stupid boys..you want to know why girls won't date you? You allow ludicrous statements like this to be printed on the interwebs on a fairly well trafficked site. I feel like, 'some Asian Chick' (SAC) got fucking LUCKY that night. Lucky that she didn't have to sit through drinks (cheapass) with you let alone bone you, jerkoff. But it also made me sad that this blogger, who I thought was fucking cool...allowed herself be just one of the accepted Asian mocking populace. And reprinted it.
Why did she do it?
Because her friend is a douche and should be avoided at all costs?
Because all Asians are saucy lovekittens who deserve to be degraded and defaced?
It's funny when your friends threaten you with insensitive commentary?
or am I just being an uptight chuppie?
Yes, I am afraid to link to her post because I don't want to be flamed like a campfire marshmallow held by a pyromaniac three year old. Penny = BIG OLE CHICKEN. And because, even after all of this, I still think she's funny and awesome and a writer of awesome. (I've shed tears of laughter reading her trainer workout entries) But I still cannot wait til the fucking day when my 'Pennyness' overcomes, 'the Asian girl over there.'
email me: pen UNDERSCORE i AT hotmail DOT com
for a link to the original entry should you so care to read it. but most of it can be summed up from the conversation copied above.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(235)
-
▼
October
(21)
- Look, I just want to know if Tampa tied up the ser...
- ahah! The Review for Rocky from the San Francisco ...
- the crucible
- Material concerns
- Hurdling towards fate.
- Yo yo yo.
- Another Big Gay Weekend.
- It's astounding.
- Baby got back?
- Gone baby gone.
- Repetitive death wishes.
- Karma
- It all started with those damn calendars
- Won't you take me to...
- Blast from the past.
- We all have impulses.
- And possibly Yaddle.
- LOL.
- Confucius says...you're a 'tard.
- My Big Gay Weekend Pt II
- My Big Gay Weekend - Pt I
-
▼
October
(21)
Moi aussi!
- Pen
- 20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...
Recent News
Eats
Thesbians
-
-
Birthday Boy14 years ago
-
NEW WEBSITE AND BLOG14 years ago
-
Memo to the President15 years ago
-
www.MindyLym.com16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Chix
-
-
-
-
God Land by Lyz Lenz7 years ago
-
-
-
Donkey Rides at a Farm in Málaga, Spain10 years ago
-
TBT: Endless Summer11 years ago
-
Declaration of Independence12 years ago
-
Rose (inner page)13 years ago
-
Vox Box Naturals Review13 years ago
-
No comments:
Post a Comment