Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

beyond

"You two are rocking my world at this moment." - cast member on Saturday.

I had forgotten how much I love to watch other people sing. How much it fulfills the part that yearns for creation, understanding, art. Bearing witness to music, real music makes me grateful to be alive. The smiles on the faces of the rest of our cast members and our hardass musical director when La Fleur and I finished our duet on Saturday were priceless. Knowing that other people think you kick ass and that you are now, at least a partial master of a skillset you have spent years honing is so gratifying. Duets are such beautiful vibrant creatures; the insouciance of solos gives way to the necessary give and take and connection of singing with others.

There is something so much greater than ourselves, the ley lines that connect us to Earth and Sky. And we are the fortunate souls that get to live in between.

Wandering lately, listless. Too much television, too much lethargy. Because I believed myself to have lost something. The truth was, that I only had to return to the rhythm and music to find what was always there. Believing that something is lost and then finding it again, by connecting soul to spirit - just a reminder that looking beyond ourselves is essential to living in this world fully.

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan