Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

How's that working for you?

"You we're born a human being. And not just any human being in the history of human beings, but a human being that gets to be alive today. That gets to listen to all kinds of music, that gets to eat food from every culture, that gets to download porn off the internet. So really, you have everything to live for."

Just bought and watched ‘Charlie Bartlett’ and was NOT totally disappointed., although, it does play a lot like ‘Pump Up the Volume’ Lite. Downey was good, Dennings continues to cement her role as the anti-manic pixie, real, awesome chick and even Yelchin (with the total, ice skating pairs name…oh wait, according to IMDB it IS!) was charming as hell, and I believe also did his own jazz piano work.

Sometimes, I think people could just use a hearty dose of STFU. I mean, really. Having just watched a film all about not giving a crap what other people think about you, I have thought that not caring, is great…in moderation. I walked 4 miles today, down to Golden Gate Park and back and came to the realization that there are a lot of friggin’ people in the world. I mean, a lot. I’m not used to that. I’m not used to seeing a lot of people that I don’t know. It made me very curious about why I didn’t know them. I’m totally serious. Half way through my little excursion, I started to feel really, really lonely. And called a friend to chat. Ironically, we started to go off on the feeling that we have so many people in our lives that it’s hard to catch up with all of them. But I still wanted to be known by all these anonymous people. And here I sit on the interwebs, complaining about my life (or lack thereof, yes I realize) expecting people to sympathize. But the truth is, I’m not doing anything special. I’m writing. I’m not out there, getting to know people.

Look, a lot of the writing I do here is for me. It’s obviously not something I mind sharing with the general public otherwise it wouldn’t be on the interwebs, but for the most part, I’m writing it for me. It’s the quintessential ego stroke. I like that people read it and respond to it, but I’m not writing most of my entries for others. It’s one of the very few outlets where I don’t care what others think, but when I write, I write things based on the karma I want to put out in the world.

“I used to think when I was little, every song was about me.” – Pink

Great art is something that we can all relate to. And the best thing about any art is that artists never create it for anyone else but themselves. Whether you feel connected or not is up to you.

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan