Life can take you on some crazy trips every now and then-and all you can do is just sort of laugh and hang on.
Just got back from Grass Valley (which is about 20 miles North of Sacramento) performing a gig for a friend of a mom of a friend of mine. Yeah, you heard that correctly. At a gorgeous, designed from the ground up ranch on a huge piece of property. Complete with man-made lake, basketball/tennis court, horse stables, orchard...uh, basically a house out of a MTV's Cribs. For a former U.S. Senior Presidential Economist and professor at Cal and about 80 of his relatives and friends.
As a clown.
Yeah, it's a little surreal, which I suppose the good parts of life are. Yeah, I got pie in the face and was paid very well for it. And it was so weird to experience the juxtaposition of a gorgeous ranch with the quietly evident turmoil surrounding the people there. Sitting on the grass with a sleeping puppy in my arms, and one of my best friends in the whole world sitting next to me, taking in the sights. Full of amazing food like rack of lamb, heirloom tomatoes, mashed potatoes and berry cobbler. Listening to a band play rock classics. The sun setting gently over Northern California hills.
It's all I need in the world. It's possibly more. I hope to be able to repay the favor one day. And to give back more than I have received. But for now, take me crazy life, I embrace you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(235)
-
▼
August
(27)
- I am America - and so can you.
- And the gold goes to...
- Idelible connections
- C is for chips - that's good enough for me.
- Blian! You come tak out lee-cyk-ables!
- Hairy Ponder.
- I need a hero
- The quiet voice at the end of the day.
- Viva la vie boheme
- Under the sea? Or just under the F-Line?
- Updatism
- Well, there goes my November...
- Pretty cool
- Shenanigans!
- Words! Words! I'm so sick of words?
- That's not an available mix-in ma'am, sorry
- I don't want to wait in vain.
- at peace, for now.
- SF Theater Eating.
- It's just a jump to the left...
- Talk to me...like lovers do?
- That's all.
- Did you get her innuendo?
- oh really?
- Live a little or live a lot.
- Care to wok your dog?
- Shopping Friday
-
▼
August
(27)
Moi aussi!
- Pen
- 20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...
Recent News
Eats
Thesbians
-
-
Birthday Boy14 years ago
-
NEW WEBSITE AND BLOG14 years ago
-
Memo to the President15 years ago
-
www.MindyLym.com16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Chix
-
-
-
-
God Land by Lyz Lenz7 years ago
-
-
-
Donkey Rides at a Farm in Málaga, Spain10 years ago
-
TBT: Endless Summer11 years ago
-
Declaration of Independence12 years ago
-
Rose (inner page)13 years ago
-
Vox Box Naturals Review13 years ago
-
No comments:
Post a Comment