Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Updatism

5 Ways to Increase Creativity: via FreshCreation.com

I've decided to have a no-TV Monday. (Which includes catching up on all the seasons of South Park) I've discovered that I am so much more productive when I don't succumb to watching television. I've also decided to update my list of places that I want to eat, so the next time J. or Nim asks me, I can say: "HERE!" (and don't get caught up in the scary trifecta of pizza-hamburger-milkshake eateries)

Lately, I know, a lot of my blogs have consisted of a collection of quotations culled from other sites, odd bits of news and weird videos. I've not lost my love of blogging, but I do feel like I'm running out of things to talk about. Or possibly talking about the same things over and over again. Why is it you can constantly dissect the same three topics with your friends, but once you've blogged them, they can never be spoken of again? Is putting an issue or problem into the written word the same as solving it? Or as we get older do we get more private about our issues-or become better at our perspectives of things? I almost wrote an entry last night about my stubborness in relationships. Maybe I'll try it again tonight-it just started to get self-indulgent at 10pm on a Sunday night. So I gave up and watched 'South Park' instead.

“ When you’re a teenager and in your early twenties [love] seems desperately eternal and excruciatingly painful. Whereas as you grow older you realise that most things are excruciatingly painful and that is the human condition. Most of us continue to survive because we’re convinced that somewhere along the line, with grit and determination and perseverance, we will end up in some magical union with somebody. It’s a fallacy, of course, but it’s a form of religion. You have to believe. There is a light that never goes out and it’s called hope. — Morrissey (via Unicornology)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan