It's 12 in the morning and I'm blogging. What is wrong with me?
Went to our office's annual As game on Thursday. Actually, we as an office are not necessarily partial to any one Bay Area team, however, we have found it easier to tail gate at the Coliseum, so that's where our loyalties have lain the last couple of years. The day was absolutely gorgeous-not so hot that we were burnt up (although my shoulders are quite pink), but not so cold that we had to be bundled.
Food was yummy: burgers, sausages ("Who wants basil squirrel?!" - Sugar, my co-worker, when he couldn't remember what kind he had gotten), chips, fruit salad, mixed green salad with chicken, broccoli salad (it's actually sort of good), cookies and black bottom cupcakes. The game was actually pretty good-although, they did go into 11 innings. We didn't stick around to see who won, but took off, figuring that Tampa Bay was ahead by one with two men on base, so the As weren't going to make up the difference. Found out from J. tonight that the relief pitcher I thought was horrible, Percival, is actually on the injured list and happens to be an All-Star. So much for my trying to sound knowledgeable around a baseball expert. Luckily, J. will totally take my vocal technique notes.
What was interesting, was that this year, I sat next to my boss. Now, GreyGoose is not taciturn by any means, but in the office he likes to keep all things: attitude, conversation, activities professional. However, give him a beer and a jigger of Jack Daniels and he is all fun and games. I rarely get to talk to him in a...colleague type way-but he gave me the opportunity and I took it. We talked about how, honestly, guy talk doesn't offend me and being one of the guys is actually something I prefer rather than disdain. I don't really like it when girls get together and only talk about clothes or household items or boyfriends, because so much of it always seems to be some sort of elitest comparison contest. Who's got the biggest/better/faster/pricier...it gets old and silly after a while. In fact, some of my closest friends are the ones I never talk to about stuff like that.
And sometimes the women in the office are like that. So I prefer hanging with the guys, who treat all that stuff as fairly trivial, because I do too. What was pretty cool was that GreyGoose's daughter Gosling, was sitting in front of us and heard most of the conversation. She turned around and said, "You know...what's weird, is that my dad's office is not like a really professional office." (I think he may have cuffed her when she said it) "But it always seems cool-like you guys are having a good time."
I said, "Well, yeah, you have to have a good time when you're working, otherwise it all gets really tedious and boring. We do have a cool office."
Yeah, so that was my point, at 1am. I work in a pretty cool place for pretty cool people at a pretty cool job that I like. And now, it's time for bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(235)
-
▼
August
(27)
- I am America - and so can you.
- And the gold goes to...
- Idelible connections
- C is for chips - that's good enough for me.
- Blian! You come tak out lee-cyk-ables!
- Hairy Ponder.
- I need a hero
- The quiet voice at the end of the day.
- Viva la vie boheme
- Under the sea? Or just under the F-Line?
- Updatism
- Well, there goes my November...
- Pretty cool
- Shenanigans!
- Words! Words! I'm so sick of words?
- That's not an available mix-in ma'am, sorry
- I don't want to wait in vain.
- at peace, for now.
- SF Theater Eating.
- It's just a jump to the left...
- Talk to me...like lovers do?
- That's all.
- Did you get her innuendo?
- oh really?
- Live a little or live a lot.
- Care to wok your dog?
- Shopping Friday
-
▼
August
(27)
Moi aussi!
- Pen
- 20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...
Recent News
Eats
Thesbians
-
-
Birthday Boy14 years ago
-
NEW WEBSITE AND BLOG14 years ago
-
Memo to the President15 years ago
-
www.MindyLym.com16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Chix
-
-
-
-
God Land by Lyz Lenz7 years ago
-
-
-
Donkey Rides at a Farm in Málaga, Spain10 years ago
-
TBT: Endless Summer11 years ago
-
Declaration of Independence12 years ago
-
Rose (inner page)13 years ago
-
Vox Box Naturals Review13 years ago
-
No comments:
Post a Comment