Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Best anti-depressant ever


Sometimes, you just need an email from a fucking amazing friend to make you feel better. Originally from my friend J-3, who moved his ass out to NYC, but is still one of my most favorite people in the whole world for free verse/prose:

But then remember that Baz Luhrmann song from our high school graduation year with all the graduation advice? The lyrics were originally a newspaper column in the Chicago Tribune, and then they circulated online with the false claim they were a commencement address by Kurt Vonnegut. One of the lyrics is "The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't." I always remember that line because the singer gets the inflection wrong and emphasizes "most" both times. Idiot.
bwahaha! Best pre-birthday present, ever. Write me something hilarious people. I'll dig it.

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan