-Sylvia Plath (via unicornology)
The only thing I would add is to do this shit for yourself, not so that you have something to say to an attractive, intelligent man - but so you won't be bored for the rest of your life. Be interested so that you can be interesting; be fascinated by life. Just watched, 'Amelie' again tonight at Mags house and was reminded of how love spurs us to do incredible things but that we have to go out and chance it - or our hearts will end up brittle as glass. Our hearts are muscles and are meant to be used.I fully intend on being beautiful someday. soon.
********************
Speaking of, did anyone ever see the 1995 version of 'Solomon and Sheba' with Halle Berry and Jimmy Smits? It was a fictional retelling of the Biblical story of the King of Israel and the Queen of Sheba. I keep trying to find this movie on DVD and apparently, it was widely panned by all the critics. Which is sad because this movie started my love affair with Jimmy Smits; it was the first time I had ever seen, captured on screen, an image of absolute naked desire for a woman by a man. Visual sexual tension between two people. And have wanted it ever since. Of course, it would probably help to look like Halle Berry.
No comments:
Post a Comment