
Spent the first time on the reformer machine at pilates class. Dang that thing kicked my ass! Whoot! But I think I may be in love with it. First of all, the machine showed me where all my weak muscles are-mostly around my tum-tum area-and it was so much easier to feel the isolation of your muscles. Plus, the second you do it wrong, your machine starts shifting around on the floor, so you know right away whether or not to adjust your movement. You have to make all your movements slow and deliberate to get the full effect and I'm definitely feelin' it. The sad thing? ST - Return of the Drip, rehearsals start in April and I won't be able to do the more advanced class til the end of the run. Back to mat for me. Oh well.
I swear, one of these days, I'll get to writing more interesting/informative blog entries. Stay tuned!
*************
You guys read MightyGirl? You might want to, she's kind of a big deal as Christian would say (she's the editor of MightyGoods-one of the best cool finds sites on the interwebs). But last week, she wrote her list of 100 items she plans to do some day, some simple, some elaborate, some grand, some small. But lots and lots of things-almost as a guideline. In true form: here are some top 50. Just you know, to keep me on track.
1. Spend three days at Harbin with the girls.
2. Go to Spain. Climb Sagrada Familia
3. Make my own ice cream
4. Successfully harvest my own fruit orchard
5. Walk across: the Golden Gate Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge and
6. Direct a play
7. Go up Half Dome
8. Learn to dive.
9. Go to a concert at Carnagie Hall
10. See the Taj Mahal
11. Make it through 6 weeks of an intensive hip hop class
12. Do a handstand on my own
13. Write a published piece
14. Meet Kevin Smith, Margaret Cho and Renee Fleming
15. Learn French
16. Be content with my state of mind
17. Learn archery (like Legolas!)
18. Finish a knitting project
19. Go to a movie by myself and not feel like a loser
20. Sing in a summer concert at Stern Grove - on stage dorks.
21. Skip with my child through a field
1 comment:
Hi Penny - "Torquemada. Do not ask him for forgiveness. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!" I knew the title of your post sounded familiar.....
Post a Comment