Went hiking in the Marin Headlands today with Nim. The weather nearly begged for it. Sunny, warm, bright. Strolled up the hill to the bunkers, took in the sites-was constantly heard saying, "It's so PRETTY!". Had a boba tea. Recently, I have been perfecting the art of doing nothing. Which is really rather quite nice. I have some loose plans for the next couple of weeks-maybe see a show, go to pilates, work on some new material, but really, I'm loving getting back into enjoying life.
Which brings up a new point; maybe it's an after effect of stage managing, but I found myself recently OVER planning. Instead of living-all I was doing was scheduling, making lists and jotting down notes. Planning what I was going to say to people before I even said it. And that's sort of the funny thing; life-for all the craziness it is, deserves to be lived. Picnics in the park. Playing with dogs. Dancing. Naps in the sunshine. Singing my guts out and being a part of something that takes my breath away.
So I have a few more friends I want to cross off the list. A few more restaurants to visit and a few more pounds to shed. (counteractive I know) But most importantly; I want to become excited about life again. Interested and involved and less...dull. Less self-involved. More serene.
Peace be with you this week
and always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(235)
-
▼
March
(19)
- The ants go marching...
- From hippie to hipster....another 60s icon goes co...
- (Not)Suckah-free Block Party-Top Chef Recap
- Peep pan pie?
- Don't try this at home kids.
- At the sounding.
- Lunch weirdo.
- The inquisition...whatta show!
- Stake your claim.
- Yet another networking vortex I've gotten sucked i...
- Pi Day and Masters of the Universe
- ABDC - Live! Shut up Mario Lopez
- Least intellectual is my category
- Surf's up.
- 2 more hours...
- Stickin' it to the man
- Spin me right round baby.
- List I
- quick notes
-
▼
March
(19)
Moi aussi!
- Pen
- 20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...
Recent News
Eats
Thesbians
-
-
Birthday Boy14 years ago
-
NEW WEBSITE AND BLOG14 years ago
-
Memo to the President15 years ago
-
www.MindyLym.com16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Chix
-
-
-
-
God Land by Lyz Lenz7 years ago
-
-
-
Donkey Rides at a Farm in Málaga, Spain10 years ago
-
TBT: Endless Summer11 years ago
-
Declaration of Independence12 years ago
-
Rose (inner page)13 years ago
-
Vox Box Naturals Review13 years ago
-
No comments:
Post a Comment