Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

So: I'm watching the Tony Awards. Whoa...Patti LuPone as Mama Rose. Damn. Don't know if I like this better or her Mrs. Lovett. But damn. (Why does Mandy Patinkin look like the Unabomber?)

Today was one of those days where I didn't think it could be any better to be me. As egotistical as that sounds-maybe we're ALL allowed one of those days. But at the risk of getting ahead of myself, today was a very good day.

(ok, Lin-Manuel just made me cry. Forreal. So happy for 'In the Heights'-that was the best acceptance speech ever.)


Because today, I got to do one of my favorite things in the world. Ever.
I got to go into the recording studio and lay down vocal tracks for 'Never Wanted This' (ie. the emo song) and 'Not As Old As You' with some of the best musicians I have ever played with. At a gorgeous house studio in Pacific Heights. Sound, reverb, mastering, perfect. It's so rare that something comes to fruition from a simple idea like a murder musical in a coffee shop to a full fledged cast album that people have been asking for. (including the reviewer from the Chronicle)

People have been asking to hear us! That's so huge. And I'm so grateful.
Thank you Mr. Wilson, for trusting me, sheltered, skeptical, sometimes pessimistic me.
Thank you Kahn for consummate musical leadership.
Thank you Malfoy for starting us on our way.
Thank you Dee, Reichtsiger, LaFavre and SanJose for dedicating your talents to this project.
thank you thank you thank you thank you.
How does it feel to have come so far...and to know that there is still so much to come.
Amazing.
It feels good to be me today.

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan