My best friend told me the funniest story last night in the car.
I can't recount it here, 'cause it's fairly incriminating.
Let's just say it involves processed substances and pooping.
I laughed so hard my gums hurt.
I'm laughing right now thinking about it.
I can't recount it here, 'cause it's fairly incriminating.
Let's just say it involves processed substances and pooping.
I laughed so hard my gums hurt.
I'm laughing right now thinking about it.
And that's the way life is. In an instant, it can be sunny or foggy or happy or sad. (trite as those last adjectives may be) We had been having this 'very serious' relationship conversation all night and all of a sudden, started talking about all the stuff we did in college. HIGH-larious. And that's what a best friend is. She's the person I can call up in an instant's notice, to talk me through a weird patch in my life. Not rough, just weird. She IS there for me, when I need her. As we were leaving her place to head out to dinner, I told her b-f thanks for letting me borrow her for the night. She poo-pooed both of us and said, "Girl, I've only been going out with him for three years. I've known you for 28."
Then she drove us to Tommy's for really really good chimichangas.
And yet, even though part of my brain wanted serenity, it was actually easier to have a candid conversation in the middle of a rowdy, loud and crowded Mexican joint. Surrounded by a bevy of tech guys and hipsters drinking margaritas at the bar, I could spill, in fairly graphic detail, what was bothering me. And what a blessing it was to have a friend who understands and can put me straight with a few simple words. My best friend has always been a wonder to me. She's never been concerned about image or what she 'should' be doing, only what makes her happy. She likes what she likes and doesn't like what she doesn't like. She sees things just about as clearly as I could ask for.
And make me laugh til I can't breathe. Thanks Kat.
Flickr Meme: 1. What is your first name? /2. What is your favorite food? /3. What high school did you go to? 4. What is your favorite color?/ 5. Who is your celebrity crush? / 6. Favorite drink? 7. Dream vacation? / 8. Favorite dessert? / 9. What you want to be when you grow up? 10. What do you love most in life?/ 11. One Word to describe you./ 12. Your flickr name.
1. Penny-Wise, 2. beef noodle, 3. Lowell High, 4. Teal and Black, 5. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ravenu/75381611/, 6. gin tonic, 7. Portal de l'Àngel, 8. Coconut Mango Sticky Rice, 9. speaking of effigies, 10. inspiration..., 11. Mesmerized., 12. Day 272: The Mighty Pen
No comments:
Post a Comment