I've been wrapped up/Each trace of kiss/Every embrace/
Closer and closer to being
Held
Every car and gaslight and sign of the city
Becomes a refraction/Distractions
In a moment
These lights belong to us
As if we could hold something that intangible
Nailing ice to the wall
But just in that moment
I can touch them.
Before they flow like water to the morn
I'm finding myself falling faster; still with determination to stay true to the last 3 years of blissful solitude. Solitude, I finally find Meister Rilke was right, is key. It's key to knowing self. I cannot nor will I give up the last three years I have spent: building a theater company, originating roles, singing, dancing, living and loving the best that I know I can or have. I know me-the time between doorways has been invaluable. Friends are real-without pretense without motive. The final test, going to weddings by myself and feeling a pure joy for those in love without having it by my side. Truly, people who find themselves on the verge of dancing the edge between independence and being held by a lover are hard pressed. Is it better or worse that not only our passions run quicker than I can keep up with, but I find myself being titillated by his past. By the girl who loved him and loves him still. I have been her. It scares me. Who or what will I throw away, put to the side, when he comes for my nights? Whisper in his ear what I need and he holds me fast, repeats:
"Stop thinking ahead."
breathe. just breathe.
"It is good to be solitary, for solitude is difficult. That something is difficult must be one more reason for us to do it. It is also good to love: because love is difficult." (Rainer Maria Rilke)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(235)
-
▼
June
(24)
- Easy lessons.
- Bucket listing.
- postscript
- Aweso-
- The Sixth Sign
- How FB has infiltrated my idea of reality.
- Be and just breathe.
- The people's court?
- Free at last!
- Somedays, it's like this.
- Just don't do it.
- Damn it feels good to be a gangster.
- Recording tomorrow
- Music Meme
- Pemmy and the Katty
- Frenz4Eva
- the Noodle Factory
- Aspects of love-not the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical
- Reflecting on the hallway
- Lazzzyyyy
- Yo B - slap me some skin!
- Shortie
- When I have a brand new hairdo...
- Catch up
-
▼
June
(24)
Moi aussi!
- Pen
- 20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...
Recent News
Eats
Thesbians
-
-
Birthday Boy14 years ago
-
NEW WEBSITE AND BLOG14 years ago
-
Memo to the President15 years ago
-
www.MindyLym.com16 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Chix
-
-
-
-
God Land by Lyz Lenz7 years ago
-
-
-
Donkey Rides at a Farm in Málaga, Spain10 years ago
-
TBT: Endless Summer11 years ago
-
Declaration of Independence12 years ago
-
Rose (inner page)13 years ago
-
Vox Box Naturals Review13 years ago
-
No comments:
Post a Comment