Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Free at last!

So I just "discovered" a new site, "The Plug" (via a Cup of Jo) Sort of like an online hipster 'zine. Not as sarcastic as 'the Onion' but doesn't take itself as seriously as 'Nylon'. It's funny has ell. The best bit I've read so far is from #29 Certificate of Awesome-ticity-where the author went around passing out certificates to people for being the best at mundane activities-like pumping gas or smoking.

Oh, and I have a bunch of frozen spinach in the fridge. What should I make?
-Spanokopita
-Pasta shells with spinach
-Spinach dip
-Spinach garlic cheese side dish thingie
-Bleargh...frozen spinach? What is wrong with you?



Bai Ling has a blog. And an opinion. And the spelling skills of Claudia Kishi. And the syntax of a Sanrio pencil box. I believe in free speech and free power of the media and all that-but maybe we could make an exception in this case?

"This is the reason I don't watch movies or TV, they always make me don't want to see or go to the tharter again, it shadows my dream. Set meant to have magic, when that is gone, the spirit is gone, but you need spirit to breath and laugh...... Don't ever loss that" (this is quoted verbatim-in case you were wondering)


I HELLA FUCKING WANT: the Blurb's Blogbook/Digital Photobook
Now turn the pages of your blog into a hardbound, physical, like with paper pages and all-book! It's really inexpensive and looks easy to put together, especially with existing blog pages inserted and your own photos used. Fun fun fun!

Currently obsessed with: sucking my stomach in, Audra McDonald covers, writing more interesting entries.

Tomorrow: my stint in the civil duty service. whee.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Have I not shared my unnatural love for Blurb? FUCKING. LOVE. I have a few in the works right now.

Kate

Pen said...

NOOOO! You never told me about Blurb-but I'm glad we have another shared obsession!

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan