Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Monday, September 15, 2008

And I can see Russia from my house!

Gloria Steinem sums up: Why Gov. Palin is the wrong woman for the job - LA Times

Selecting Sarah Palin, who was touted all summer by Rush Limbaugh, is no way to attract most women, including die-hard Clinton supporters. Palin shares nothing but a chromosome with Clinton. Her down-home, divisive and deceptive speech did nothing to cosmeticize a Republican convention that has more than twice as many male delegates as female, a presidential candidate who is owned and operated by the right wing and a platform that opposes pretty much everything Clinton's candidacy stood for -- and that Barack Obama's still does. To vote in protest for McCain/Palin would be like saying, "Somebody stole my shoes, so I'll amputate my legs."

Women who I would rather have as veep:
-Sigourney Weaver
-Katharine Hepburn
-Elizabeth Dole
-Anna Deavere Smith
-Tina Fey (Brava, Madam...Brava)


**********************************************
Currently fucking obcessed: line cook

Blog of actual cook (Richie Nakano) at NOPA in SF. Entries are engaging, smart, to the point. Great advice for wannabe professional chefs, stories from the kitchen, restaurant reviews. Elaborate and gorgeous food porn included. Drooooooolll...I love getting insider stuff on different industries.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan