Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Monday, July 28, 2008

And when I come to call, she won't forsake me

Go ahead
Cry your tears baby
Let me hold you in my arms
The pain is cutting deep
But let the darkness seep
Out of your veins
Before it gets the best of you

It isn't what you wanted
And it isn't how you planned
He said he'd love you always
But now you're searching for his hand

This is as hard as it gets
I promise
I know cause I've been there before

The girl on the other side of the screen
Hear my voice echo your scream
Scan your jagged edges
Sleep won't come til later
But hold on darling
Let the tears close your eyes
And the throat sing your cries

To the girl on the other side of the screen
This is as hard as it gets
I promise
I know cause I've been you before

I want to hold her and tell her everything will be alright. That she WILL love again-that there are probably 10 people out there that are completely hers, all hers. There will be a point where she actually has to chose between them, or not at all, because they will be swamping her with pleas of affection. She will be wanted, cherished, loved for who she is and what she will be. That she will walk into a room and a good man's heart will stop at the sight of her. That getting older does mean getting wiser, nominally. That right now, she thinks that he is THE ONE, and he may be a soul mate, but sometimes, the purpose of soul mates is to change your life and then move on. That it sucks-totally, unequivocally, absolutely sucks. Love hurts, it rips at every little part of your heart that you've tried to protect or hide or save, but if it was true love-she will have exposed all of it. Love wouldn't have accepted any less. And that it can take a long time to heal. That he will, undoubtably, do something retarded in the future like refer to her as a, 'good friend', forget the movie they saw on their first date or try to get her to go on a double date with a friend of his.
I want to take her to eat cupcakes and see weepy chick flicks. To run on the beach and fly kites at Tomales Bay. To help her pick out a new puppy or go on a freedom trip to someplace fabulous like Bali. Take a kickboxing class together. To get her a journal. To tell her that change is good. Anger is good. Forgiveness is good. Distance and detachment is necessary to get from one perspective to another. That she is doing more by exposing herself than he is in representing her. That her insight and purity touches my soul. That in another world, we'd be dorky rocker chick girlfriends together.
But I won't ever get the chance.
I'm just the girl on the other side of the screen.
I'm sorry C.

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan