Because the interwebs can't stop a determined writer. Or someone who has a little too much time on her hands.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Great big stuff.

Cool shit that I have done this weekend:

-Octavia on Friday night. Did a duet with J. (Robbie Williams' 'Angels'), since Big Momma's been asking us to. Not as scary as I thought it was going to be. There's a separation that I put between professional and personal, mainly because when I have to be professional, there isn't often room for niceties. You have to be cut and dry. And in my personal life, I consider it key to be kind and gentle. Still, it's a nice start.

-Walked alone on Ocean Beach for an hour and roughly 1-1/2 miles, since I parked in the 'surfer's ' parking lot on Sloat and not the more pedestrian friendly lot on Judah. In the gorgeous, rare as hell, San Francisco summer weather. Truly astonishing and peaceful. Fished up a rock that was both red and green.

-Finally, FINALLY, bought a new duvet cover from my voice teacher. It is gold raw silk with art nouveau looking embroidery and applique. Exactly what I've been looking for. At about 1/4 the price I would have had to pay for it regularly. I will now have an adult looking bedroom instead of a bed that looks like it belongs to a 12 year old. I DO have to get the cover and shams dry cleaned though.

-Did Clownbible with T-Labs at the SF Theaterfest! Whoo hoo-all that extra rehearsal paid off! At the HUGE Forum space. Such fantastic acoustics in there. Yerba Buena also has one of the nicest, most professional and helpful staffs ever. And for the first show of the morning - 11:20, we had about 50 to 60 people who loved the pieces we did. After all, who doesn't like a clown car vagina birth before lunch? I can literally say that I was the first performer of the day. Great big stuff! Afterwards ran into ROLT, past T-Labs performers, my high school math teacher and Winston2. Also saw Lunatique Fantastique which was, bar none, amazing.

-Chilled with J. at Philz. I read and wrote and he played guitar. He made fun of my purple Crocs and my gold striped pants. I made fun of his pairing of a plaid button-down with a horizontally striped sweater. We've called it a draw.

-Got a notice for ANOTHER wedding. That will make the 5th one this year. Congrats to Bratz and her lady tho'-they'll be out in the fall to celebrate.

That's a good weekend.

No comments:

Moi aussi!

20 something. Singer/designer/blogger. My last blog is now permanently lost in the ether, but I've been writing online since 1995. And so it begins...

Recent News

HappyMan